segunda-feira, 8 de agosto de 2016

Review #2 It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

Title: It Ends With Us
Author: Collen Hoover
Publisher: Atria Books
Rating: Ba - 5 stars; Rach - 6 stars


Grab a copy: Amazon
Hey guys! Today is double review day and we bring to you our thoughts on Colleen Hoover’s new book! Get ready because it is pretty emotional. Pay attention to the collor: Purple is Ba’s and pink Rachel’s. The lack of a blurb is intentional because this is the kind of story that must be read without any information so you can experience it in the best possible way. Enjoy!


“Be that girl, Lily. Brave and bold.”


A new book from Colleen is always something very special to me, because I know that what I’m about to read is going to be one of the best stories of my life. I also know that this book is going to leave a beautiful mark and lovely memories, as well as an intense passion. That’s exactly what happened with It Ends With Us. I know that this is nothing new but I must confess that this story changed my life. - Rach

The most honest and mature of Colleen’s books. This was one of the few times that a book left me speechless and, at the same time, with so much to say. There are so many things that I’d like to say about It Ends With Us but I don’t think they would do this book justice. So, I beg for your patience and forgiveness if I can’t express myself in the best way.

The book was realeased on August 2nd and everybody was at the edge of their seats as always. Some reviews were already available and all of them were wonderful and full of complements, and they all had something in common: They were all saying that there would be many many tears. I always try my best to get the least information I can before the release and this time was no different, but let me tell you that NOTHING could prepare me for what was to come.

The book begins with Lily on the roof of a building thinking about the death of her father and his funeral when someone gets in her way. That’s when the magic starts...
- Ba

This is the story of Lily Bloom, a beautiful, smart, independent young woman that after her father’s death meets Ryle Kincaid on the verge of a breakdown, taking it all out on a chair. Lily dreams of being a florist, Ryle is a neurosurgeon at the end of his residency. And we all know what happens next: they click! And we fall in love with them like we always do with all of Colleen’s books. But there is so much more in this story and it becomes a beautiful lesson. - Rach

Ryle is a man that enjoys being single and does not want a relationship at all. Lily is a girl that wants to find someone that loves her for the rest of her life, and as the story goes on we get to see their realtionship develop. At the same time we get to see Lily’s past through her memories as a teenager. It’s really interesting because we can understand why she wants to find someone to love and treat her right. - Ba

Lily is the one telling everything and I bet her memories will make you fall in love and get all emotional as they did to us. And that’s all I’m going to say about the plot. Believe me when I say that you want to dive into this book completely blind. - Rach

And enough about the plot! This review was written with zero spoilers so you can go through all the feelings the way it was meant to. I must confess that I started reading it expecting one thing, ready to feel all those wonderful things I tend to feel when reading one of her stories, but I was completely thrown off guard. - Ba

This is Colleen Hoover’s BEST BOOK EVER! Okay okay, I know I always say that but this is Colleen Hoover at her best! The characters are incredibly well written. The message behind the story is spetacular and inspiring. And Lily deserves all the glory of this story. She's kind of my hero now. Never in the history of this universe I felt so close to a character. Lily represents everything that a woman should be and more. She represents every single woman and girl all around the world and I’m pretty sure that her story will steal every reader’s heart. - Rach

It Ends With Us is a super honest book not just an entertainment. This is a well written deep mature real story that makes you question your values. I never felt a conection so strong with the girls on her books as I felt with Lily. All of the characters are extremely well written and it is impossible not to wish for a happy ending to every single one of them. - Ba

There is only one warning: Don’t focus on the romantic part. Forget everything you know about Colleen’s books. - Rach

It’s been a really long time since I ugly cried like this with a book. It was a mix of feelings, tears, sobs... but in the end all I could think about was that this was the best book Colleen had ever written and it’s going to be so hard to top that.

I’m so going to buy it when it releases here in Brazil but I don’t know if I’ll be able to read it again. For now, I can say that this is this year's best book and it is on my top ten list of the best books I’ve ever read in my life. It is right there beside The Bronze Horseman and Jane Eyre.
- Ba

In between tears (Yes, lots of it), smiles, intense heartbeats, pain, longing, heartbreak, lots of love, tenderness and friendship, you’re going to fall in love with this book and be changed by it, because its message is really powerful and extremely important. But don’t be afraid! As John Green says, "That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt”. - Rach

Thank you, Colleen for trusting us with this story and sharing it with us. Thank you for Lily, Ryle, Atlas, Allyssa, Marshall, Lily’s mother... Incredible characters that will stay with me forever. Congrats! Ah, and I so want to be Lily when I grow up. - Ba

Read it. Fall in love. Get this message. Understand it and keep it in your heart. You won’t regret it. It’s totally worth it.
P.S.: I’m already reading it again.
– Rach 


“It stops here. With me and you. It ends with us.” 

                                  
Mi's comments: I've seen first hand the reactions of these two while reading the book. I got a bunch of spoilers and I can't wait to read it too. It was no surprise this kind of passionate review from Rach but even Ba couldn't help herself. So, what are you guys waiting for? I'm waiting on the release of this book here in Brazil. Right, Galera Record? LOL 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário